1) Unregistered exhibitors and animals will be excluded from the fair.
2) Doors open for exhibitors from 8.°° a.m. to 10.°° a.m.. Latecomers will be excluded..
3) Thermo stable boxes (e.g. polystyrene) must be used for transport and temporary storage of not displayed animals
4) When selling animals suitable transport boxes must be provided.
5) Offered animals must be supervised by owner or his representative at all times.
6) For offered animal following data must be displayed visible:
a) German and scientific name
b) Origin: breeding/caught in the wild
d) Protection status (if applicable)
e) Feeding- and caring instructions for sensitive species
f) The max. possible size should be mentioned.
It must be mentioned if:
- Lizards might become taller
than 1 meter
- Snakes might become taller
than 2 meters
- Turtles' shells might taller
than 30 cm
7) During the fair smoking is prohibited.
8) Exhibition of poisonous animals is prohibited, especially for:
Ø Scorpions of Buthidae family
§ Androctonus ssp.
§ Tityus ssp.
§ Centruroides ssp.
§ Parabuthus ssp.
§ Hottentotta ssp.
§ Leiurus ssp.
§ Buthacus ssp.
§ Babycurus ssp.
§ Buthus ssp.
§ Grosphus ssp.
Ø Phoneutria ssp.
Ø Atrax ssp., Macrothele ssp., Linothele ssp.
Ø Latrodectus ssp.
Ø Loxosceles ssp.
Ø Sicarius ssp.
9) European tortoises are prohibited in the fairs during wintertime..
10) Only healthy, well fed and not hurt animals must be exhibited.
Baby animal which are unable to live without their parents must not be offered (e.g. living baby mice)
11) Vertebrates must not be given to children or teenagers under the age of 16.
12) Only one species per sales box is allowed, Only one animal per box is allowed for solitary or incompatible species.
13) Commercial exhibitors must provide necessary original documents to authority representatives on request. Especially important for protective
documents permission according to §11 Tierschutzgesetz. Persons dealing commercially with protected species, must provide data according to § 5
14) Storing during the fair must be according to common rules of §2 Tierschutzgesetz.
Especially following regulations must be followed:
a) Adequate ventilation
b) Adequate floor covering which can take up excretions.
(e.g. wood shavings are not suitable for amphibians)
c) Retreat possibilities by planting, stones, cork, etc.
Alternatively at least 1/4 of the top cover must be taped/opaque.
d) Adequate atmospheric humidity for animals from moist/warm areas
e) Adequate room (TVT Empfehlung für Fachhandel) Animals
must be able to turn without problems
(Rule of thumb according to
TVT regulation per 1 animal:
- Lizards: at least 1.5
x Head-Body length
- Snakes: at least 0.5
x total length
- Turtles: at least double
of box, respectively diameter of round reservoirs)
f) Following guidelines are valid for feeding animal (only
Mice: on 2000cm² 10 animals- Rat: on 4000cm² 4 animals.
Food and water must be provided.
Spineless food animals (e.g. grasshoppers,
should have leaves or cardboard in their
15) Taking animals out of their boxes is exclusively permitted if necessary with owner's permission and presence.
16) Knocking and shaking of inhabited boxes is against prevention of cruelty to animals and therefore not allowed.
17) All boxes must be opaque on three sides.
18) Cages and boxes must be securly fixed.
19) Gender determination which cause injuries or pain to the animals are prohibited during the fair. Authorities orders must be followed.
The organizer is not responsible for any damages in connection with the exhibitors.
Commercial Exhibitors must follow §21 paragraph 5 number 2 of Animal Welfare Act
. I.e. Persons trading vertebrates have to make sure that - on first handing over of a vertebrate of a certain type to the new owner - written information on the essential needs of the animal, particularly with regard to its proper nutrition and care, and behavioral appropriate accommodation and species-appropriate movement will be handed over together with the vertebrate.
Print this page